Streamline The Integration Of Your Physician Practices
Your health system is growing and
acquiring physician and care group
practices, but each practice has its
own distinct records and information
management (RIM) program and
processes. As this continues, you are
finding that critical healthcare information
is stored across multiple vendors, and
records may also be stored in subpar space
like basements, closets and storage rooms.
The inefficiencies of this distributed model
are impacting your ability to deliver quality
care, by prohibiting a comprehensive
view of your patients’ health record. This
model also makes it difficult for you to find
information, putting you at legal and audit
risk and increasing the probability of a
privacy or security breach. As you bring on
new physician practices, it is important to
get control of your records, but you don’t
know where to start.
How This Affects You
- Your physicians may have to make patient care decisions without a
full view into the patients’ medical history.
- Your information, stored with multiple vendors in multiple places,
increases the costs of managing your program.
- You have difficulty finding information and responding to audit or
- You have inconsistent processes, causing resource inefficiencies.
- You have strategic initiatives, like the ICD-10 transition,
that are critical to implement, but have limited budget to add
What If You Could ...
- Improve the accuracy and outcomes of patient care decisions by
providing a comprehensive view of the patients’ medical history?
- Optimize your RIM program to reduce total program costs and
improve consistency and compliance?
- Gain better visibility and access to your healthcare information
with an easy-to-use Web-based interface?
- Increase your ability to find information in the event of an audit
or patient request?
- Reduce your risk of a breach, by storing all your records offsite
with a secure chain of custody?
Iron Mountain Service Features
You can have a secure, flexible program tailored to fit your needs that
can help you to:
Standardize Your Processes
Leverage Iron Mountain’s network of storage facilities to safeguard your
records using advanced security and access controls. Your information
will be available through the Iron Mountain Connect web portal, for quick
access and retrieval.
Streamline Your Workflow
Leveraging Iron Mountain’s Document Conversion Services, you’ll have
a proven and repeatable process that helps you scan your records for
integration into your Electronic Medical Record (EMR), enabling you to
improve physician adoption and facilitate patient throughput.
Avoid a Breach
Secure Shredding Services, available on an ongoing or project basis, help
you destroy information that has reached required retention
time-frames — in a compliant manner.
Integrate Release of Information (ROI)
Integrate your ROI process by fulfilling release requests from the
same location where your records are stored, ensuring security of
Enhance Patient Care
Deliver a comprehensive view of the patient by consolidating your RIM
program to enhance treatment and outcomes.
What You Gain ...
- A comprehensive view into your
patients’ medical history and
course of treatment.
- Reduced costs and risks by
streamlining and consolidating
- Timely and consistent access to
- Strengthened chain of custody to
help avoid a privacy breach.
- Ability to reallocate resources to
more strategic initiatives.
A large health system in the Midwest
with a growing network of physician
practices needed a new, integrated
approach to healthcare delivery.
With inconsistent processes, manual
tracking of ROI requests, and records
stored in numerous places, the health
system needed a compliant program to
reduce cost and risk. By working with
Iron Mountain, it moved all active and
legacy records to a centralized Iron
Mountain location, where records were
indexed. With this solution, the health
system was able to automate requests
and have a more complete view of the
patient record — supporting its goal of
integrated healthcare delivery.